A poll allows you to ask one multiple choice question to which participants choose from among the answers that you define. Read more about the difference between a poll and a survey.
You have the option to create Public and Private polls. All polls created in free accounts are public by default. Public polls are published on the Crowdsignal Community site and anyone on the Internet can see and participate in them. Private polls are available for paid accounts only. Private polls do not appear on the Community Site.
Create a poll
- Click the big blue Create a new… drop-down list and select Poll.
- To make a poll public, check Make poll public.
- By default, there are five answer options. You can click Add New Answer to add additional options.
- To remove answers, click Delete.
- Possible answers appear in the order in which you entered them by default. If you’d like to serve the answer options in a random order for each visitor, click Randomize answer order.
- If you would like to include the option for participants to submit their own answer, click Allow users to enter their own answer. This will add an “Other” option with a textbox to the end of the answer list that participants can use to type in their own answer.
There are several final options under Advanced Poll Settings that you can select before you create your poll:
- Close polls automatically or keep open permanently.
- Allow the poll to be shared.
- Include restrictions by password, IP, Captcha or Email Address.
- Block repeat voters.
- Show or hide results.
- Allow or moderate comments.
Once you’ve selected the final options, click Create Poll.
On the Poll Style page, select a style for the poll. There are several styles from which you can choose.
Next, choose a width for your poll widget.
Click Save Style Settings.
After you save the poll style you will be redirected to the Collect Votes page. You can also click Design Poll from the menu in the top right corner and then click Edit Language.
You can use this page to change the language of the buttons and messages in your poll. You can choose from an already defined custom language packs or use any of the default language packs to automatically translate your poll into nearly any language.
Publishing Your Poll
We offer several different ways for you to publish your poll on the Collect Votes page. You can:
- Embed your poll on your website
- Post a link to your poll on Twitter
- Post a link to your poll on Facebook
- Copy a direct link to the poll’s community site page to share with others
- Embed your poll on your WordPress.com site
- Embed your poll on your WordPress.org site
- Send out your poll via email
To go back to edit the poll again, click Design Poll in the top right corner of the page.
You can use these buttons to navigate between the design, collection and results areas of your poll.
Have time for a quick poll?
Still have questions? Contact us.